writing adult emails is awful
hi [name of person],
this formatting is making me uncomfortable but I have to tell you something / ask you something that is vital to my career as a student.
I re-read and edited that sentence for an hour, but you’ll probably just glance over it for half a second.
"i’m 10% german, 14% danish, 15% norwegian, 7% …"
Reasons why I’m excited for “Dear White People:”
- Black actors portraying 3-dimensional characters
- Honest social commentary
- Targeted to the college age demographic
- Thorough exploration of the various forms of racism in America
- Tessa Thompson’s voice and Tyler William’s afro wig
Reasons why I’m not excited for “Dear White People:”
- White people calling it racist
- Mainstream media agreeing with the white people calling it racist
Let’s compare its Rotten Tomatoes score:
To its IMDB score:
And for a little context for that IMDB score:
Ahhhh, yes. White male tears of rage flowing freely already.